- Produced by Theatreworks Ltd
- Directed by Cindy Diver and Hilary Halba
- 7 Sept
- Allen Hall Theatre, University of Otago
Homecoming comprises three sections:
- a site specific promenade with projections, musicians and performers through the University of Otago
- a staged presentation of Hell and Bullets - a play drawn from the diary of a Gallipoli Maori Battalion soldier and presented as a stand-alone performance earlier in the day
- an acknowledgement of the returning soldiers by following the story of grandaunt Donald Stuart McNaughton who fought in France and returned to Otago University to study.
The play is being produced for the University of Otago the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts in association with Theatreworks Ltd, directed by Cindy Diver and Hilary Halba. The play is compiled and written in part by John Broughton and Cindy Diver with one of New Zealand’s leading Māori actors Taungaroa Emile, supported by a feast of local talent from the Dunedin performing community including Mark Neilson, Matt Wilson and Erina Daniels.
The production will include singer Sophie Morris, MD and pianist Sam van Betuw, a piper, musicians and a roopu waiata Maori. Martyn Roberts is the designer for the project and will be creating a special visual projected component on University buildings as an accompaniment to the evening.
Homecoming is a a joint project of Theatreworks Ltd and the University of Otago Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts.
|Fri 7 Sep||7.00pm||Allen Hall Theatre, University of Otago||Dunedin|